Senior Buying Manager
Too Good To Go
At Too Good To Go, we have an ambitious mission: to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together.
More than 1/3 of all food produced in the world is wasted. And that has a huge impact on the health of our planet. 10% of greenhouse gas emissions come from food waste and loss.
Through our marketplace app, we connect businesses that have unsold, surplus food, with consumers who can buy and enjoy it at ⅓ of retail value. We are a certified B Corporation with a mission to empower everyone to take action against food waste. Alongside our marketplace app, we create educational tools, explore new business solutions, and influence legislation to help reduce food waste.
We’re growing fast: Our community of 84+ million registered users and 200,000+ active partners across 17 countries, have together already saved 284+ million meals from going to waste - avoiding almost 710,000 tonnes of CO2e!
Too Good To Go was named in FastCompany’s March 2022 list of the World's Most Innovative Companies, and was honoured to be included in TIME’s list of the 100 Most Influential Companies of 2022.
We are adding a Senior Buying Manager to our team. This role will be based in Belgium, focusing at first on our business in Belgium but with scope for role expansion. You will report directly into the Regional Head of Commercial and will work in a small but motivated team. You will speak fluent Dutch or French and English- any additional languages are a bonus!
If you love food but hate food waste and want to work for a business that places its food-saving mission and customer experience at the core of each and every decision then look no further! This is a role where you are truly in the driving seat of your success, working alongside an exceptional team to reduce food waste in the manufacturing supply chain.
You will build outstanding relationships across food manufacturing suppliers to ensure a quality-driven supply for our “TGTG Parcels” business. With a mindset of driving partnerships, not transactional relationships you will work on behalf of our customers to drive quality, consistency, and excellent pricing.
Our “TGTG Parcel” (Manufacturing) business is a transformative solution that enables food manufacturers to effectively reduce food waste while extracting value from surplus food. Through direct purchasing from food manufacturers, Too Good To Go carefully curates and assembles the purchased products into “TGTG Parcels”, which are then offered to our users at a discount of ~50% off of original retail (including shipping costs). Sold through our existing B2C marketplace, customers can opt to have their parcel conveniently delivered to their doorstep or pick it up from a nearby location, creating a surprise element as customers unbox their TGTG Parcel. Instead of allowing these products to go to waste, manufacturers significantly decrease their environmental impact, optimise their revenue by maximising the value of saved food, and enhance product visibility in the market.
We are building a global team of best-in-class, ambitious, motivated, and collaborative people who all share a desire to change the world as well as have an inherent love of food! If you have a mix of key account management, category management, business development, and buying expertise, preferably in the FMCG industry, then we would love to hear from you. Ideally, you will already have a little black book of food manufacturing contacts to drive your impact from day one.
- Business Development - you won’t be afraid to pick up the phone and build new connections to develop partnerships across all food categories and suppliers
- Account Management - you’ll continually look for ways to drive existing partnerships forward, always with the mission and customer in mind
- Strategic planning - you will map a pipeline for a specific set of categories, including full stakeholder mapping, analyses of potential supplier partners and analysis of market opportunity sizing.
- Responsibility for initiating, developing and analysing strategic trials to further understand our consumer profiles and routes to driving greater profitability
- Portfolio management - you will be negotiating daily with our suppliers to achieve the best prices and ranges, buying products that will surprise and delight our customers
- Delivery of P&L targets through balancing risk and spend, tracking all expenditures against monthly projections
- Contributing to and ensuring the rollout of segment strategy plans
A Day in the Life of:
- Balance and deliver to an agreed margin target across a range of suppliers and product
- Source new suppliers, develop existing relationships and continually review pricing and range in order to deliver both profit and customer experience
- Proactively manage your supplier portfolio - instigate and deliver weekly, quarterly and annual business review meetings to continually deliver added value to our suppliers
- Make timely, data driven decisions on inventory and proposed stock holdings
- Work in close collaboration with demand planning and forecasting to capitalise on trends, tracking and reporting any opportunities and challenges
- Drive growth with partners, through new product categories, international relationships and greater volumes
- Adhere to and input into the evolution of current SOPs and strategies. Ensure all documentation processes are followed and that information is delivered to the appropriate departments after purchase.
- Extensive business growth experience, demonstrating an ability to build relationships, establish trust, and develop true partnerships
- Excellent commercial acumen - you can navigate your way confidently around a P&L and are experienced in price/ promotional modelling
- An unwavering customer-centric approach - you will have a good understanding of how to develop a proposition that is both innovative and exciting whilst keeping the customer experience at the heart of everything you do
- You’re an excellent communicator - you understand when to speak and when to listen, and you are skilled in leading conversations and presenting at all levels
- A passion for the mission and for raising awareness of food waste and sustainability
- An analytical mindset - you are confident using raw data to proactively investigate trends and opportunities
- An independent yet collaborative nature - your colleagues will be dotted all around the world so you must have the desire to connect and share with others virtually whilst being happy to work independently
- Experience in the FMCG industry - across any of the following teams: Buying, Account Management, Category, Business Development
- We Win Together
- We Raise the Bar
- We Keep It Simple
- We Build A Legacy
- We Care
What we offer:
- A rare opportunity to work in a social impact company (and certified B Corporation!) where you can see real and tangible impact in your role.
- Working alongside an international community of users, partners and 1,100+ colleagues across 17 countries that are on the same important mission.
- Personal and professional development opportunities in a fast-paced scale-up environment.
- An inclusive company culture where you can bring your authentic self to work
- A strong, values-driven team culture where we celebrate successes and socialise with colleagues that care to offer
A Movement for Everyone
We want to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together. With that mission, it’s only natural that we want to build a diverse and inclusive team of highly capable individuals who are passionate about doing things in a better way. We strongly believe we all excel and are more creative when we’re allowed to be ourselves, and we’re committed to a culture where all of us belong.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.