Regional Finance Business Partner (Maternity Cover)
Too Good To Go
Too Good To Go is the world's number 1 app for fighting food waste. Why do we need to do that? Because more than 1/3 of the food produced in the world is wasted. And that has a huge impact on the health of our planet; 10% of greenhouse gas emissions come from food waste!
Our app has more than 86 million users, but we’re more than an app. Our mission is to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste, so we’re doing all we can to create educational tools, make our knowledge as accessible as possible, find new business solutions and even change legislation to reduce food waste.
We’re growing fast with 17 countries currently active and more coming. But here’s what really matters: through our app, we’ve saved more than 292 million meals from the bin - Which is like avoiding the equivalent kg CO2e of flying 100,000 passengers around the world (myclimate, 2019)!
Do you want to be part of one of the hottest scaleups and fight food waste?
We are searching for a dedicated Finance Business Partner to drive performance as part of the management team in one of our regions (Southern Europe) and joining our Financial Planning and Analysis team of 7 people in Global Finance.
This position can be based in either Madrid, Copenhagen or London. Which of the four cities will be decided by where the perfect candidate is. This position is a maternity cover for 11 months, with the possibility of joining another role within our Global Finance Team.
Reporting to the Global Head of Financial Planning & Analysis, and working closely with the Vice President for Cluster South, you will be responsible and take ownership of the financial performance in the southern european countries. You will work closely with the Country Directors of the 6 markets, the operational Vice Presidents, as well as Global Management, on ensuring performance on top and bottom line.
You and the regional management team will translate the company's overall strategic direction into an actionable financial plan for your region and markets. You will be an integral part of the company’s financial planning and monthly business review processes, making sure to follow up on results and analysing performance, making you the principal advisor towards delivering on the plan for the region.
You will meet and build strong relationships with key stakeholders in our business. You will help them deliver impact at scale by providing relevant insights and financial perspectives, ensuring sustainable decision making and directions.
The main responsibilities will cover, but are not limited to:
- Act as principal advisor to the cluster leadership team on all financial & performance related matters
- Build strong relationships with business managers and providing ad hoc support to make the right commercial decisions, in alignment with our strategic direction
- Facilitate discussions and follow-ups on performance, educating and instilling ownership of P&L and selected key metrics
- Challenge the countries on their ambitions, direction and ability to manage their results
- Deliver relevant reporting, financials perspectives and necessary support for the region to live up to its process obligations & result commitments
- Deliver business cases on opportunities; providing options, insights and overview of impact of business decisions
- Instilling a unit economics understanding and capital allocation mindset with our business owners
- Deliver global and local managerial analysis and reporting in collaboration with the rest of Global Finance and Global Data Analytics
- Participate in global strategic projects ensuring strong financial insights for better decision making
- A strong partner and advocate in strengthening the alignment and use of data in country operations and with a clear link to the financial forecasting process
We are looking for a spirited and cooperative colleague with high integrity, a positive why-not attitude and passion for supporting our business owners.
- You have Relevant Master’s Degree in Finance or related disciplines
- You possess significant experience in a Finance role (additional experience in operations will be a plus)
- You have a strong toolbox with foundation in finance processes, management reporting, business performance management and ad hoc analysis
- You have good skills in Excel Modelling (Additionally, experience with the Google Suite is a plus)
- You have good communication skills. You have the ability to communicate effectively and convincingly in an English-speaking organisation.
- You are based in, Madrid, Copenhagen or London (or willing to relocate)
- You have strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative mindset. You have a positive can-do attitude, tenacious, proactive and structured work behaviour and the ability to work independently
- You have a true passion for sustainability - you understand the urgency of action for the planet.
- We Win Together
- We Raise The Bar
- We Keep It Simple
- We Build A Legacy
- We Care
What we have to offer
- A rare opportunity to work in a social impact company (and certified B Corporation!) where you get to wake up every day knowing you’re achieving positive change.
- The experience of being part of an international company with 1350+ enthusiastic and highly talented teammates across 17 countries (and growing).
- Strong personal as well as professional development in an intense and high-growth scale-up environment.
- An open company culture where you have the independence and room to unleash your creativity.
- A strong team culture where successes are celebrated together.
How to apply
- We take recruitment very seriously, so please carefully check the role requirements and see our website and international media for an overview of Too Good To Go.
- Submit your CV and Cover letter in English.
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or Cover Letter will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging.
The application and interview process consists of:
- A video call interview with a Global Talent Acquisition Partner.
- A video call with the Head of Financial Planning and Analysis.
- A case study to be presented to the Hiring Manager and VP of Operations.
- The candidate needs to successfully pass a step before moving on to the next one.
Job Ref - #LI-CR1
A Movement for Everyone
We want to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together. With that mission, it’s only natural that we want to build a diverse and inclusive team of highly capable individuals who are passionate about doing things in a better way. We strongly believe we all excel and are more creative when we’re allowed to be ourselves, and we’re committed to a culture where all of us belong.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.