Sr. Key Account Manager - Retail - Dutch Speaking
Too Good To Go
We are Too Good To Go, a certified and proud B-corp with a clear mission: inspire and motivate everyone to take action against food waste 🌍. The movement against food waste was founded in Denmark in 2015 and that was only the beginning: currently we are active in 17 countries! In the Netherlands we started our journey in 2017 and almost 6 years later our team consists of more than 60 'Food Heroes'. Since 2024 we joined forces with the Belgium market and we now concur food waste as one international BENE team. With more than 6.5 million app downloads in the Netherlands and Belgium combined and more than 28.000 partners, we are working hard towards a world without food waste. In 2023, we were even named the most inspiring organisation in the Netherlands for the fifth time in a row!
📲 You probably know us from our app, where we offer leftover food and drinks from supermarkets, restaurants, suppliers, cafes, bakeries, hotels and specialty stores to users of our app. We have already saved more than 21 million meals from the bin in the Netherlands. Worldwide we saved more than 250 million meals, which is the CO2 equivalent of the annual emissions of 54,000 Dutch people. Now that's making an impact! But we are more than an app: whether it concerns households, schools, companies or politics: we want to inspire everyone to take action!
To combat climate change and save our planet, we must make our mission a reality. That is why we are looking for an ambitious Sr. Key Account Manager for the Dutch market who inspires, motivates and supports our retail partners in the fight against food waste.
As Sr. Key Account Manager Retail you are part of the Key Account team in the Amsterdam office that focuses on the retail segment in the Netherlands. You will report directly into the Key Account Retail Lead in the Netherlands and are supported by our KA store operations specialist. You will be the most senior key account manager in the team, bringing a lot of experience from previous key account manager roles.You will be responsible for the portfolio of our biggest partners, from HQ to shop floor. You can’t wait to grow the supply with our partners and minimise their food waste. You get energy from creating plans, business cases and convincing internal and external stakeholders at different levels of the organization. It is your mission to make more impact and change the retail world for the better!
- You are fully responsible for managing your accounts: from shop floor execution & training to analysing store performance and HQ contact. You are involved from begin to end and are able to translate your store operation knowledge into your conversations at HQ level. You are supported by our KA store operation specialist in order to achieve the KPI’s. However, the final accountability sits with you.
- You build upon and enhance the good relationship with stakeholders at both HQ and store level.
- You visit shops proactively and understand the shop floor challenges as no other. You are excited to have your feet on the street as part of the process.
- You will use the knowledge you gain from the shop floor operation and other data points to build business cases, annual plans and strategies for your accounts.
- You are responsible and take ownership for a portfolio of retail partners of which you monitor KPIs such as the number of meals supplied, customer ratings, follow-ups and feedback from users and adjust where necessary.
- You create initiatives to save more meals with our partners. You take a data-driven approach when it comes to setting up new initiatives. You monitor progress, success, quality and scalability closely.
- You will support different levels of the partner’s organization to work effectively with Too Good To Go and improve the measured KPI’s. This means that you don’t hesitate to pick up the phone and/or provide training in order to optimise the way of working, or to make sure that stores re-supply using our platform.
- You share best practices with the team in order to elevate our way of working as you are the most experienced KAM.
- You actively spot opportunities for our team to grow.
What you bring:
You have a professional and proactive attitude and don’t shy away from taking end to end responsibility for your accounts. You enjoy the diversity of picking up the phone, visiting stores, providing training and having conversations and meetings at HQ level.
- You ask the right questions, are an active listener hence you know what our customers want and how you can create mutual business cases (win-win!)
- You have a strong analytical and entrepreneurial mind and love to work with data. With these strengths you are able to spot opportunities and develop growth strategies in order to reduce food waste by increasing the number of supplying stores and supply per store.
- You bring the right level of experience with +5 years as an (key) account manager within retail
- You are fun and easy to work with, are able to create the bigger picture and have the ability to delegate work and coach your KA store operations specialist.
- You are a real goal getter and like working towards targets and deadlines, you are able to deal with ambiguity and think outside of the box.
- You like to be involved in projects and pick up new ones in order to advance the organisation.
- You like working with other colleagues both within your team or cross functional and love to celebrate success together.
- You are not afraid to receive and give constructive feedback. In the fight against food waste we care personally and challenge ourselves directly. You don’t take feedback personally but think about the bigger picture.
- You show eagerness and willingness to learn and grow. Your ability to self reflect is a great stepping stone to develop in this role and your future career within Too Good To Go!
- It goes without saying that you are a proud ambassador of our brand and radiate our mission and vision to your accounts with great passion and enthusiasm.
- We win together: food waste is a big beast to fight. We can do it if we fight together as Food Heroes with no ego. We believe in a #oneteam.
- We raise the bar: we always push for more. We work smart, smash barriers and elevate one another.
- We keep it simple: our ambitions are bold but our solutions are simple.
- We build a legacy: we’re proud of the change we’re driving.
- We care: we always look out for each other. Caring is also about the way we do business. We do the right thing.
What we have to offer
- A rare opportunity to work in a social impact company (and certified B Corp) where you can use your commercial skills to drive positive change.
- An open company culture where you have the independence and room to unleash your creativity.
- A strong team culture where successes are celebrated together, being part of the BENE commercial Key Account team.
- A beautiful office in the centre of Amsterdam (with multiple roof terraces!)
- A marktconform salary including a facilitating pension arrangement (lijfrente), parental leave agreements and yoga/boot camp/padel lessons are part of our benefits.
- A hybrid working environment with a minimum of 3 office days per week.
- The experience of being part of an international company with over 1350 enthusiastic and highly talented teammates across 17 countries – in which especially your colleagues in the Ghent office are always ready to share knowledge and support!
- Strong personal as well as professional development in a thriving, high-growth scale-up environment.
How to apply
There is a lot to do and we would love to hear from you! Please read carefully everything we have written above and submit your application soonest.
A Movement for Everyone
We want to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together. With that mission, it’s only natural that we want to build a diverse and inclusive team of highly capable individuals who are passionate about doing things in a better way. We strongly believe we all excel and are more creative when we’re allowed to be ourselves, and we’re committed to a culture where all of us belong.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.