Too Good To Go
At Too Good To Go, we have an ambitious mission: to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together.
More than 1/3 of all food produced in the world is wasted. And that has a huge impact on the health of our planet. 10% of greenhouse gas emissions come from food waste and loss.
Through our marketplace app, we connect businesses that have unsold, surplus food, with consumers who can buy and enjoy it at ⅓ of retail value. We are a certified B Corporation with a mission to empower everyone to take action against food waste. Alongside our marketplace app, we create educational tools, explore new business solutions, and influence legislation to help reduce food waste.
We’re growing fast: Our community of 83 million registered users and 206,000 active partners across 17 countries, have together already saved 276 million meals from going to waste - avoiding almost 609,000 tonnes of CO2e!
Too Good To Go was named in FastCompany’s March 2022 list of the World's Most Innovative Companies, and was honoured to be included in TIME’s list of the 100 Most Influential Companies of 2022.
We’re looking for an exceptional Sales Manager to join the US Sales team based in San Francisco, CA.
This role is hybrid and requires in person attendance in San Francisco. The intended start date for this role is March, 2024.
The Sales Manager role is a unique opportunity to help scale the US Sales Team at Too Good To Go. You’ll get to take ownership by driving impact through shaping our sales strategy, and scaling a fast growing team of high performing Sales Specialists.
Skills and Responsibilities
- Ability to motivate & lead by example
- Ability to create and cascade messaging effectively
- Excellent and thoughtful communicator that creates a strong work environment and fosters teamwork
- Coaching and Development
- Effectively coach Sales Specialists in their pitch, negotiating & closing techniques
- Effectively coach Sales Team Leads & those interested in people management
- Build and execute development plans and conversations with confidence
- Strategic Thinking & Planning
- Monthly lead allocation
- Proficient in Salesforce reporting and building dashboards
- Build and develop mid-market sales strategy
- Curious about performance, KPI’s, and team behaviour to drive actions
- Strong Cross Functional Capabilities
- Ability to report on and visualise KPI’s & performance to other departments in a clean and effective manner
- Proactive and meaningful outreach to key stakeholders in other departments when necessary
- Great storyteller that gives other departments an understanding of performance, challenges, or key updates to help drive synergy across the organisation.
- Hiring & Onboarding
- Skilled at assessing talent and hiring the right profile
- Ability to build a dynamic, high-performing team
- Build and contribute to a successful new hire roadmap to drive increased ramp efficiency
We’re looking for
- Significant Sales experience:
- Consistent top performer
- Expertise in SMB and Mid Market sales
- Deep understanding of sales strategy and pipeline management
- Demonstrated experience leading and coaching a sales team:
- Ideally in a high volume, fast paced sales environment
- Coaching both individual contributors and first time people managers
- A Team Player:
- Starts with a collaborative mindset among partners and teammates alike
- Invests in others and approaches with humility
- Someone with a Growth Mindset:
- Actively engages in self reflection
- Open/responsive to coaching
- Move forward after tough losses/ feedback
- Who is Ambitious:
- Thinks “best in class”
- Believes in the team and the organisation’s potential
- Sets challenging but achievable goals
- We Win Together
- We Raise the Bar
- We Keep It Simple
- We Build A Legacy
- We Care
What we offer
- A rare opportunity to work in a social impact company (and certified B Corporation!) where you can see real and tangible impact in your role.
- Working alongside an international community of users, partners and 1,100+ colleagues across 17 countries that are on the same important mission.
- Personal and professional development opportunities in a fast-paced scale-up environment.
- An inclusive company culture where you can bring your authentic self to work
- A strong, values-driven team culture where we celebrate successes and socialise with colleagues that care to offer
- WORK FLEXIBLY:
- Enjoy hybrid working from our great offices, at home
- Extra parental leave and days off beyond local legislation and the option to take an extra week of unpaid leave
- 100% Employer paid health coverage options for employee (Includes medical EPO plan, dental, and vision), and meaningful coverage options to suit your needs
- Generous time off policies including 10 paid sick days, 5 paid wellness days, 20 paid vacation days, and 13 paid holidays per annum
- CELEBRATE & SOCIALISE
- Regular social events
- Coffee, snacks and fully-equipped kitchens.
- Paid volunteer time through our Shareback volunteering programme
- Women in the Workplace, P.R.I.D.E., People of Colour and Functionally Diverse Employee Resource Groups
Interested in applying?
Please submit your resume and cover letter as soon as possible. A member of our Talent Acquisition team will be in touch within a few weeks. We look forward to reading your application! Please note: the intended start date for this role is March, 2024.
A Movement for Everyone
We want to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together. With that mission, it’s only natural that we want to build a diverse and inclusive team of highly capable individuals who are passionate about doing things in a better way. We strongly believe we all excel and are more creative when we’re allowed to be ourselves, and we’re committed to a culture where all of us belong.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.