Global Account Manager
Too Good To Go
At Too Good To Go, we have an ambitious mission: to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together.
More than 1/3 of all food produced in the world is wasted. And that has a huge impact on the health of our planet. Over 10% of greenhouse gas emissions come from food waste and loss.
Through our marketplace app, we connect businesses that have unsold, surplus food, with consumers who can buy and enjoy it at ⅓ of retail value. We are a certified B Corporation with a mission to empower everyone to take action against food waste. Alongside our marketplace app, we create educational tools, explore new business solutions, and influence legislation to help reduce food waste.
We’re growing fast: Our community of 88 million registered users and 211,000 active partners across 17 countries, have together already saved 300 million meals from going to waste - avoiding almost 750,000 tonnes of CO2e!
Too Good To Go was named in FastCompany’s March 2022 list of the World's Most Innovative Companies, and was honoured to be included in TIME’s list of the 100 Most Influential Companies of 2022.
We are seeking a strong Global Account Manager to oversee a portfolio of our largest and most strategic accounts. The Global Account Manager will directly report to the Director of Global Accounts and will be part of a small, specialised team.This position can be based in London, Amsterdam, Copenhagen or Paris.
As Global Account Manager you manage and develop a portfolio of global key accounts. Via executive level relationships at the Global HQs of our Key Accounts, you will develop and implement comprehensive global key account strategies, negotiate commercial deals, and collaborate with local teams for successful implementation.
Working with our local market teams and the Global HQ at our key accounts, you will tailor solutions to specific account needs and identify growth opportunities. Finally, you will collaborate with cross-functional teams, and lead account reviews in order to drive growth and strengthen our partnerships. This position can be based in London, Amsterdam, Copenhagen or Paris.
- Nurture relationships with a set of our largest global key accounts, acting as the main point of contact with executive level contacts at their global HQ and ensuring their needs are met on a global scale.
- Develop and implement comprehensive strategies and growth plans for global key accounts that align with our overall business objectives, and maximise our growth opportunities with each of our global key accounts.
- Lead commercial negotiations with the Global HQ teams to secure favorable legal and commercial frameworks that apply to the local markets and drive revenue, profitability, and long-term partnerships.
- Where a global framework deal doesn’t exist, support local markets in negotiations of commercial and legal agreements to ensure they are aligned with existing markets and don’t put a global framework deal at risk.
- Collaborate closely with local teams in various countries to ensure the successful implementation of global deals at the local level, addressing any challenges or adapting strategies with the Global HQ as needed.
- You will be working with market teams to develop and sell in the best solutions (across a suite of products) for each account based on their key specific needs
- Leverage relationships with executive level stakeholders at Global HQ to unlock new opportunities in local markets that we don’t currently operate in.
- Partner with the global trade marketing team to identify and execute upon opportunities to execute global marketing campaigns across markets
- Collaborate closely with a cross-functional team across Trade Marketing, Legal, Finance, Commercial Excellence, and Product to ensure that we are meeting the needs of our global key accounts and strengthening our partnerships.
- Lead regular account reviews and joint business planning sessions with executive-level management at the Global HQ, fostering strong relationships and identifying areas for mutual growth and development of the partnership.
- Experience in key account management. Industry experience that translates well include: food, hospitality, media and technology.
- Proven track record of strong hunting skills and appropriate assertiveness to drive deals forward.
- Strong experience in negotiating and managing complex commercial deals.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships at all levels, including executive-level management at key accounts.
- Experience in managing interdepartmental and international projects.
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams. Comfortable working in a global context, with an understanding of cultural nuances, business practices, and market dynamics across different countries and regions.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to leverage data and market insights to make informed decisions and optimize account performance.
- We Win Together
- We Raise the Bar
- We Keep It Simple
- We Build A Legacy
- We Care
What we offer:
- A rare opportunity to work in a social impact company (and certified B Corporation!) where you can see real and tangible impact in your role.
- Working alongside an international community of users, partners and 1,100+ colleagues across 17 countries that are on the same important mission.
- Personal and professional development opportunities in a fast-paced scale-up environment.
- An inclusive company culture where you can bring your authentic self to work
- A strong, values-driven team culture where we celebrate successes and socialise with colleagues that care to offer
- WORK FLEXIBLY:
- Enjoy hybrid working from our great offices, at home or abroad.
- Extra parental leave and days off beyond local legislation and the option to take an extra week of unpaid leave
- Health insurance and pension plans (subject to country of employment).
- Additional days off for significant life events
- CELEBRATE & SOCIALISE
- Regular social events like summer and winter parties.
- Coffee, snacks and fully-equipped kitchens.
- Get to know our community with a monthly free Surprise Bag
- Paid volunteer time through our Shareback volunteering programme
- Women in the Workplace, P.R.I.D.E., People of Colour and Functionally Diverse Employee Resource Groups
How to apply
- We take recruitment very seriously, so please carefully read everything we have written above. Please also check our website and international media in order to get a good overview of Too Good To Go.
- Submit your CV and Cover letter in English.
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or Cover Letter will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging.
A Movement for Everyone
We want to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together. With that mission, it’s only natural that we want to build a diverse and inclusive team of highly capable individuals who are passionate about doing things in a better way. We strongly believe we all excel and are more creative when we’re allowed to be ourselves, and we’re committed to a culture where all of us belong.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.