People & Culture Manager
Too Good To Go
At Too Good To Go, we have an ambitious mission: to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together.
More than 1/3 of all food produced in the world is wasted. And that has a huge impact on the health of our planet. 10% of greenhouse gas emissions come from food waste and loss.
Through our marketplace app, we connect businesses that have unsold, surplus food, with consumers who can buy and enjoy it at ⅓ of retail value. We are a certified B Corporation with a mission to empower everyone to take action against food waste. Alongside our marketplace app, we create educational tools, explore new business solutions, and influence legislation to help reduce food waste.
We’re growing fast: Our community of 85 million registered users and 155,000 active partners across 17 countries, have together already saved 300 million meals from going to waste - avoiding almost 780,000 tonnes of CO2e!
Too Good To Go was named in FastCompany’s March 2022 list of the World's Most Innovative Companies, and was honoured to be included in TIME’s list of the 100 Most Influential Companies of 2022.
We’re looking for a People&Culture Coordinator to join the Too Good To Go organisation in Melbourne
As a P&C Coordinator for our Australia organisation, you'll play a pivotal role in creating an engaging and inclusive employee experience and work environment for our employees in Australia. The position will be located in our Melbourne office (currently being established) and will report to the Australian Country Director.
The role is a comprehensive P&C position, and the successful candidate will need to thrive in handling a wide range of tasks. Key responsibilities include:
Employee Relations & People Operations:
- Managing monthly payroll in collaboration with external payroll provider
- Keep employee records and HR data updated in our HR system (Bamboo HR)
- Ensuring compliance with employee legislation and keeping up to date with labour law changes
- Managing the full employee life cycle, including employee contracts, contract changes, performance management etc.
- Working closely together with the global Compensation and Benefit team to ensure that the pay & benefit package for Australian employees is competitive and aligned with the overall TGTG C&B philosophy
- Keeping policy handbook for Australia up to date
Office Management & Culture Ambassador:
- Ensuring that our Melbourne office is a comfortable and welcoming workspace aligned with the employee experience we want to create. This includes managing relationships with various suppliers and ensuring compliance with health and safety requirements etc.
- Be an advocate for our Too Good To Go culture and values and lead various social and employee engagement activities in the office and for the broader Australian organisation
- Work closely together with the global P&C organisation in Too Good To Go, ensuring strong local anchoring and roll out of various global people processes and initiatives, including goal setting and performance management processes, learning & development and DEI initiatives
- Collaborating closely with our global Talent Acquisition team to support leaders with the recruitment process for local Australian-based roles. This includes job posting, candidate screening, interview booking and coordination, and contract offers.
- Design and implement bespoke recruitment and advertising strategies, maximising the use of our social media and other networks that will ensure a qualified and diverse candidate pool.
- Design application and interview processes for each role that appropriately assess the candidates’ qualifications and role suitability: To achieve success quickly and create a fantastic candidate experience.
- Managing the local onboarding process for new employees, including IT setup and introduction to policies and processes.
We recognize that every individual has a unique background that brings value, so we don’t require the following specific experience, but it would be nice if you have:
- Experience in a similar broad based type of HR role
- Strong knowledge of AUS employment law and local employee relations practices
- Experience with recruitment and the C&B area
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Self going and organised with attention to detail
- Enjoys variety and having a lot of different tasks on the plate
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- We Win Together
- We Raise the Bar
- We Keep It Simple
- We Build A Legacy
- We Care
What we offer
- A rare opportunity to work in a social impact company (and certified B Corporation!) where you can see real and tangible impact in your role.
- Working alongside an international community of users, partners and 1,100+ colleagues across 17 countries that are on the same important mission.
- Personal and professional development opportunities in a fast-paced scale-up environment.
- An inclusive company culture where you can bring your authentic self to work
- A strong, values-driven team culture where we celebrate successes and socialise with colleagues that care to offer
A Movement for Everyone
We want to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together. With that mission, it’s only natural that we want to build a diverse and inclusive team of highly capable individuals who are passionate about doing things in a better way. We strongly believe we all excel and are more creative when we’re allowed to be ourselves, and we’re committed to a culture where all of us belong.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.