Senior Business Development Manager (Grocery)
Too Good To Go
At Too Good To Go, we have an ambitious mission: to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together.
More than 1/3 of all food produced in the world is wasted. And that has a huge impact on the health of our planet. 10% of greenhouse gas emissions come from food waste and loss.
Through our marketplace app, we connect businesses that have unsold, surplus food, with consumers who can buy and enjoy it at ⅓ of retail value. We are a certified B Corporation with a mission to empower everyone to take action against food waste. Alongside our marketplace app, we create educational tools, explore new business solutions, and influence legislation to help reduce food waste.
We’re growing fast: Our community of 85 million registered users and 155,000 active partners across 17 countries, have together already saved 300 million meals from going to waste - avoiding almost 780,000 tonnes of CO2e!
Too Good To Go was named in FastCompany’s March 2022 list of the World's Most Innovative Companies, and was honoured to be included in TIME’s list of the 100 Most Influential Companies of 2022.
We’re looking for an exceptional Senior Business Developer Manager to join the Key Accounts team at Too Good To Go in Australia
You will play a pivotal role in the launch of Too Good To Go Australia and the fight against food waste by using knowledge of the Grocery sector to develop and grow partnerships with prominent retailers in the food and beverage industry.
Your primary responsibility is to win new key accounts within the top 20 grocery retail chains by identifying and researching new opportunities, building rapport with stakeholders and ultimately signing their business up to a partnership with Too Good to Go. You will support these accounts through the onboarding and roll out process and continue to look for ways to strengthen and grow the relationship. Reporting to the Country Director, you will collaborate with other Key Accounts team members, and colleagues across marketing, independent sales and partner growth.
The role will include:
- Pitching: create and deliver high quality, professional presentations to potential partners, and confidently speak about the business and food waste proposition
- Proactive business development and relationship building: Independently and proactively outreach to gain meetings and build rapport with stakeholders and decision-makers
- Research: Independently search for new opportunities, learn about the businesses in depth, map the stakeholders and understand their decision-making process
- Account Management of key chains: autonomy in managing your own portfolio of chains and ensuring the relationship is strong and business KPIs are met
- Account Growth: developing strategies to grow your accounts and working with the retailer to increase store coverage and overall supply
- Planning and forecasting: building reports to track performance and identify trends, create financial projections and forecasts for internal planning and commercial proposals
- Developing specific Account strategies to progress our relationship with Key Account partners and engage in Quarterly Business Reviews to ensure we stay on track.
- Supporting roll outs: working with the team and the retailer to plan, schedule and execute store rollouts at scale
- Solid commercial and network experience working in the supermarket/grocery sector or in food supply chain manufacturers. You should have some knowledge and understanding of Australian retail/grocer in this sector.
- Business Development / Sales skills, demonstrating an ability to make connections, create rapport, nurture and win business by selling a proposition to a variety of senior stakeholders.
- Ability to lead negotiations skilfully, and create and deliver high impact pitches
- You’re a master communicator, you know when to speak, you know how to listen, and you know how to engage a whole room and keep their attention
- Excellent commercial acumen
- Strong organisational skills and ability to work independently and efficiently
- Beneficial: Data Analysis and MS Excel skills to use raw data to create performance reports and projections to identify and understand trends, opportunities and issues.
- Beneficial: Experience working with Salesforce as a CRM tool and MEDDIC as customer qualification methodology
- We Win Together
- We Raise the Bar
- We Keep It Simple
- We Build A Legacy
- We Care
What we have to offer
- A rare opportunity to work in a social impact company (and certified B Corporation!) where you can see real and tangible impact in your role.
- The unique opportunity to join the pioneering team leading the expansion of a proven food surplus marketplace into Australia
- Working alongside an international community of users, partners and 1,200+ colleagues across 17 countries that are on the same important mission.
- Personal and professional development opportunities in a fast-paced scale-up environment.
- An inclusive company culture where you can bring your authentic self to work
- A strong, values-driven team culture where we celebrate successes and socialise with colleagues that care.
A Movement for Everyone
We want to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together. With that mission, it’s only natural that we want to build a diverse and inclusive team of highly capable individuals who are passionate about doing things in a better way. We strongly believe we all excel and are more creative when we’re allowed to be ourselves, and we’re committed to a culture where all of us belong.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.