Senior Key Account Manager (Acquisition)
Too Good To Go
At Too Good To Go, we have an ambitious mission: to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together.
More than 1/3 of all food produced in the world is wasted. And that has a huge impact on the health of our planet. 10% of greenhouse gas emissions come from food waste and loss.
Through our marketplace app, we connect businesses that have unsold, surplus food, with consumers who can buy and enjoy it at ⅓ of retail value. We are a certified B Corporation with a mission to empower everyone to take action against food waste. Alongside our marketplace app, we create educational tools, explore new business solutions, and influence legislation to help reduce food waste.
We’re growing fast: Our community of 86 million registered users and 207,000 active partners across 17 countries, have together already saved 240 million meals from going to waste - avoiding almost 702,000 tonnes of CO2e!
Too Good To Go was named in FastCompany’s March 2022 list of the World's Most Innovative Companies, and was honoured to be included in TIME’s list of the 100 Most Influential Companies of 2022.
We’re looking for an exceptional Senior Key Account Manager (Acquisition) to join the team at Too Good To Go! This role is based out of our office in San Francisco, CA.
Your primary responsibility is to identify, develop and close new key accounts (KAs) in food retail. As a proactive and driven individual who is highly experienced in Sales, you will excel in the following areas:
- Conducting thorough research to identify the relevant stakeholders and decision-makers.
- Creating personalized outreach strategies to engage potential partners effectively.
- Skillfully securing meetings and successfully pitching and closing new Key Account (KA) partnerships.
- Playing a vital role in our mission to combat food waste, while also helping clients recognize the substantial value of Too Good To Go.
- Articulating the benefits of partnering with Too Good To Go, including increased profit, enhanced consumer engagement, strengthened brand equity, optimized efficiencies and cost savings, and impactful sustainability initiatives.
In addition to driving new business, you may also engage with existing key accounts. In those cases, you will work with their stakeholders to build trust and rapport, while looking for opportunities to expand our commercial partnership.
Reporting to the Key Account Team Lead, you will work closely with colleagues in our Partner Success team to ensure the successful onboarding of new stores and delivery of training to staff, and collaborate with other KA team members, as well as colleagues across marketing, tech, and independent sales.
- Previous experience in sales, business development, or account management - specifically selling into VP+. Industry experience that translates well include: food, hospitality, media and technology.
- Strong accountability and demonstrated ability to effectively manage and meet key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Master communicator, you know when to speak, you know how to listen, and you know how to engage a whole room and keep their attention.
- Track record of strong hunting skills and appropriate assertiveness to drive deals forward.
- Proactive, solution-focused mindset with a strong emphasis on growth and curiosity.
- Polished, detail-oriented professional with a humble and collaborative attitude.
- Skilled in crafting impactful pitches and navigating negotiations with multiple stakeholders
- Data analysis skills with raw data to create performance reports and projections to identify and understand trends, opportunities and issues.
- Enthusiasm for sustainability, food waste reduction, and environmental issues.
- Experience with value-based selling and/or MEDDICC methodology (preferred).
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, or a related field (preferred).
- We Win Together
- We Raise the Bar
- We Keep It Simple
- We Build A Legacy
- We Care
What we offer
- A rare opportunity to work in a social impact company (and certified B Corporation!) where you can see real and tangible impact in your role.
- Working alongside an international community of users, partners and 1,100+ colleagues across 17 countries that are on the same important mission.
- Personal and professional development opportunities in a fast-paced scale-up environment.
- An inclusive company culture where you can bring your authentic self to work
- A strong, values-driven team culture where we celebrate successes and socialise with colleagues that care to offer
- WORK FLEXIBLY:
- Enjoy hybrid working from our great offices, and at home.
- Extra parental leave and days off beyond local legislation and the option to take an extra week of unpaid leave
- 100% Employer paid health coverage options for employee (Includes medical EPO plan, dental, and vision)
- 50% employer paid health coverage options for your family
- Additional days off for significant life events
- CELEBRATE & SOCIALISE
- Regular social events like summer and winter parties.
- Coffee, snacks and fully-equipped kitchens.
- Get to know our community with a monthly free Surprise Bag
- Paid volunteer time through our Shareback volunteering programme
- Women in the Workplace, P.R.I.D.E., People of Colour and Functionally Diverse Employee Resource Groups
How to apply
Please submit your CV and cover letter in English. A member of our Talent Acquisition team will be in touch within a few weeks. We look forward to reading your application!
Certain US states/jurisdictions require Too Good To Go to include a reasonable estimate of the salary range for this role. A reasonable estimate of the range for new joiners for this role in the United States is a base salary of $120,000-$140,000. Actual salaries may vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors, including, but not limited to an individual's assigned work location, experience and expertise.
A Movement for Everyone
We want to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together. With that mission, it’s only natural that we want to build a diverse and inclusive team of highly capable individuals who are passionate about doing things in a better way. We strongly believe we all excel and are more creative when we’re allowed to be ourselves, and we’re committed to a culture where all of us belong.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.