Senior Software Engineer - Backend (Hyperlocal)
Too Good To Go
At Too Good To Go, we have an ambitious goal: to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together.
40% of all food produced in the world is wasted. And that has a huge impact on the health of our planet, with 10% of greenhouse gas emissions coming from food waste.
We’re more than an app: we are a certified B Corporation with a mission to empower everyone to take action against food waste, so alongside our marketplace app, we create educational tools, explore new business solutions - such as our Retail Technologies offering, and influence legislation to help reduce food waste.
We’re growing fast: Our community of 88 million registered users and 211,000 active partners across 17 countries, have together already prevented 300+ million meals from going to waste - avoiding over 752,000 tonnes of CO2e!
We are looking for a Senior Software Developer to join our Hyperlocal team. You will be given the freedom and responsibility to design and implement solutions to real-world problems, together with stakeholders from all over the company. You will be involved in all parts of the process: refining, designing, implementing, delivering and maintaining product features.
Your task will be to develop, build and deliver an international top-class product, ensuring quality, maintainability, and sustainability. You will be supported by other experienced colleagues who will guide, train and encourage you to push your limits and improve.
This is a brand new team where you will work on an internal application to support our Marketplace Health at a Hyperlocal level. Due to the need for critical support to aid in business decisions, the fast development of this application is of utmost importance. The application will involve both visualisation tools to help our colleagues in the rest of the company work more efficiently, and features which automate marketplace health interventions. The team will also be responsible for the fast processing of live data to underpin the models.
The Tech Stack
The application is built with Spring Boot and Java 21, supporting a thin web layer built using Thymeleaf and based around Mapbox GL. Data coming from multiple sources and streams are processed with Apache Flink before being stored in a DynamoDB database for use in the application visualisations and automations.
- Build and evolve our solution for managing & optimising Marketplace Health
- Work with our Product and Analytics organisation to find and perfect the right sources of Data that represent meaningful health metrics that our business can act on
- Actively participate in the team’s agile development processes with a continuous improvement mindset
- Strive to deliver international top-class products with maximum quality, maintainability and scalability
The ideal candidate
- Has a wealth of experience in Backend development with the Java ecosystem
- Has been involved in analysing problems, and designing and implementing solutions to them, in a previous role as a Senior developer
- Has proven production experience with Java, SpringBoot, NoSQL Databases, Message Systems & GIT
- Has knowledge of Stream Processing, Event Sourcing, and working with large data sets
- Is comfortable using AWS services (SQS, SNS, S3…), ElasticSearch, Redis, Docker and Kubernetes
- Has experience building scalable solutions
- Enjoys actively participating in a cross-functional tech team
- Takes pride in writing quality code
- We win together: Food waste is a big beast to fight. We can do it if we win together as Waste Warriors with no ego. We believe in a #oneteam.
- We raise the bar: We always push for more. We work smart, smash barriers and elevate one another.
- We keep it simple: Our ambitions are bold but our solutions are simple.
- We build a legacy: We’re proud of the change we’re driving.
- We care: We always look out for each other. Caring is also about the way we do business. We do the right thing.
What We Have To Offer
- An opportunity to work in a global social-impact company and certified B Corporation! where you can see a real and tangible impact in your role.
- To be an integral member of our defined product teams. We are eager for you to make an impact and contribute to the product scope and development; Your insights are valuable, and we are here to listen.
- Work-life balance is important to us! Focus on the job to be done, not the hours spent, there is no need for overtime. On-call duty is not part of the job, but can be additionally agreed upon should you and your manager both wish it. We believe that happy environments create happy employees.
- We trust in our employees and encourage an autonomous environment that provides several opportunities for employees to contribute, develop and take ownership of their work in a way that works for them.
- To be part of an international company, with over 1,200+ colleagues across 17 countries that are on the same important mission.
- An informal environment, working alongside a tech team of over 90 passionate people, we celebrate our differences and our successes and have a strong values-driven team culture.
- We work onsite in the office 3 days per week.
- We may be able to support you with a working visa in Copenhagen, please be prepared to discuss this topic further in your first stage interview.
How to apply
- We take recruitment very seriously, so please carefully read everything we have written above. Please also check our website and international media in order to get a good overview of Too Good To Go.
- Submit your CV and Cover letter in English.
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or Cover Letter will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging.
Job Ref: #LI-TC1
A Movement for Everyone
We want to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together. With that mission, it’s only natural that we want to build a diverse and inclusive team of highly capable individuals who are passionate about doing things in a better way. We strongly believe we all excel and are more creative when we’re allowed to be ourselves, and we’re committed to a culture where all of us belong.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.