Senior Localization Specialist (Turkish - English)
Posted on Tuesday, April 4, 2023
Ready to learn more about us?
We were founded in 2010 with a dynamic and agile start-up spirit. The trust of around 30 million customers and 250,000 sellers has made us the first decacorn in Turkey. Our success is backed by renowned investors such as Alibaba, General Atlantic, Softbank, Princeville Capital and several sovereign wealth funds. In 2022, we opened our first dedicated international office in Berlin and expanded to Amsterdam, Luxembourg and London. And that's just the beginning!
Tech at the root
We believe that technology is the driver and e-commerce is the outcome. Thanks to the dedication of our team, we have become one of the top 5 e-commerce companies in EMEA and one of the fastest growing worldwide. We currently deliver over 1.5 million parcels daily to 27 countries.
Growth is in our DNA
As a young and dynamic company, we are constantly growing and expanding. With Trendyol Tech, one of the leading R&D centres, Trendyol Express, the fastest growing delivery network, Dolap, the largest platform for second-hand goods, and Trendyol Go, our instant food and grocery delivery service, we are gearing up to become the world's leading e-commerce platform.
Focused on positive impact
Our vision goes beyond business success. We strive to make a sustainable and positive impact on our customers, business partners, and society. By digitizing merchants and SMEs, helping businesses grow, and promoting women's economic empowerment, we are dedicated to creating a better future.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Trendyol International offers an exciting growth environment with significant opportunities to drive strategic change and meaningful results. We build and continue to invest in world-class end-to-end operations and look for leaders to shape decisions for long-term success.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The mission of the Localization team at Trendyol is to build a world-class Localization program that removes language barriers, helping our customers find products in their language of preference, allowing our suppliers and partners to reach a global audience at scale, and fostering a global-first mindset across the organisation.
As Senior Localisation Specialist, you will work with engineers, product managers, marketing stakeholders and customer support to ensure a localisation-ready product that translates into native user experiences with the highest level of quality and relevance across Trendyol’s content and language assets.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter with experience in localization in fast-paced environments, a high degree of ownership and integrity, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and a great team player.
- +5 years experience in localisation, translation, copywriting and/or proofreading in high-growth industries, preferably eCommerce.
- Fully bilingual in English and Turkish.
- A higher education degree in Linguistics, Translation, Communications, or related field.
- Experience with TMS (translation management systems)
- Experience with B2C website localisation and writing global UX copy.
- Highly polished communication skills - speaking, writing, presenting and negotiating.
- You have worked in a start-up or high-growth environment where you have defined best practice for language quality.
- You have worked with external language vendors and have experience establishing language quality standards.
- Familiarity with MT training data preparation and experience editing and reviewing machine-translated output is a plus.
- Translate, review and edit Turkish into English language content for Trendyol’s platforms and assets.
- Create and maintain language assets such as glossaries, style guides, and translation memories.
- Analyze and report on the accuracy and performance of MT-supported workflows
- Define continuous quality improvement processes for different translation workflows
- Manage Translation Memories and ensure entries can be leveraged for MT engine training
- Coordinate work with external vendors to ensure different translation workflows run effectively and efficiently
- Monitor language source and deliveries and investigate quality variation, ensuring best in class source and target content in both Turkish and English.
- Provide timely feedback and linguistic coaching to external vendors.
- Thoroughly understand user needs and use that knowledge to advocate for improvements that provide Trendyol customers, sellers and employees with an unparalleled user experience.
JOIN US AND
- Take responsibility from day one and develop your skills in a talented and diverse international team.
- Experience the open communication, flexibility and start-up spirit of our culture.
- Tackle big ecommerce challenges with agile practices and drive growth by learning from mistakes.
- Join creative and focused teams that prioritise collaboration and problem solving.
- Access our extensive training platform for continuous learning and personal growth.
- Benefit from the support of a global team of experts with mentoring and professional development opportunities.
- Focus on talent and potential beyond job titles.
- Connect with teammates around the world through events, happy hours, town halls and social activities.
- Enjoy competitive benefits such as trendy shopping discounts, central and international office locations, and top-of-the-line technical equipment.
- Find the right balance between flexibility and team bonding with our hybrid working model and the option of a two-month expatriate programme.
JOIN US AND,
* Take responsibility from day one and develop your skills with a talented and diverse international team.
* Experience open communication, flexibility, and a start-up spirit in our unique culture.
* Tackle big challenges in e-commerce with Agile practices and encourage growth by learning from mistakes.
* Join creative and focused teams that prioritize collaboration and problem-solving.
* Access our extensive training platform for continuous learning and personal growth.
* Benefit from the support of a global team of experts with mentoring and professional development opportunities.
* Focus on talent and potential, not just job titles.
* Connect with teammates regardless of physical distance through events, meetings, and social activities.
* Enjoy competitive benefits such as Trendyol shopping budget, central and international office locations, and top-of-the-line technical equipment.
* Find the right balance between flexibility and team bonding with our hybrid working model and the opportunity for a two-month working from abroad program.
We're looking forward to receiving your application!
At Trendyol, we believe in the power of an inclusive workplace. We value diversity and believe that every team member contributes to our vibrant culture. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. We encourage the representation and amplification of diverse voices in our business, as it allows us all to thrive, contribute, and shape the future together.