Freelance Language Editor (English - Arabic)
Istanbul, İstanbul, Turkey
Posted on Friday, June 16, 2023
Ready to learn more about us?
We were founded in 2010 with a dynamic and agile start-up spirit. The trust of around 30 million customers and 250,000 sellers has made us the first decacorn in Turkey. Our success is backed by renowned investors such as Alibaba, General Atlantic, Softbank, Princeville Capital and several sovereign wealth funds. In 2022, we opened our first dedicated international office in Berlin and expanded to Amsterdam, Luxembourg and London. And that's just the beginning!
Tech at the root
We believe that technology is the driver and e-commerce is the outcome. Thanks to the dedication of our team, we have become one of the top 5 e-commerce companies in EMEA and one of the fastest growing worldwide. We currently deliver over 1.5 million parcels daily to 27 countries.
Growth is in our DNA
As a young and dynamic company, we are constantly growing and expanding. With Trendyol Tech, one of the leading R&D centres, Trendyol Express, the fastest growing delivery network, Dolap, the largest platform for second-hand goods, and Trendyol Go, our instant food and grocery delivery service, we are gearing up to become the world's leading e-commerce platform.
Focused on positive impact
Our vision goes beyond business success. We strive to make a sustainable and positive impact on our customers, business partners, and society. By digitizing merchants and SMEs, helping businesses grow, and promoting women's economic empowerment, we are dedicated to creating a better future.
ABOUT THE TEAM
We aim to develop a world-class e-commerce platform through a multi-year effort and build a world-class Localization program that removes language barriers, helping our customers find products in their language of preference and allowing our suppliers to reach a global audience at scale.
As an English-Arabic Language Editor, you will be responsible for translating and editing content EN-AR as well as auditing, reviewing and assessing the quality of language assets (human translation, machine translation, 3rd party content). You will work with Trendyol’s localization managers on optimizing the quality processes and end-quality of Arabic-language content and language assets.
- +4 years experience in localization, translation, copywriting and/or proofreading in high-growth industries, preferably eCommerce.
- Arabic (MSA) is your main working language, and you are familiar with/able to work with several Arabic variants.
- You are fully bilingual in English; knowledge of Turkish is a plus.
- A higher education degree in Linguistics, Translation, Communications, or related field.
- Experience with TMS (translation management systems)
- Experience with B2C website localization
- You have worked with external language vendors and have experience establishing language quality standards.
- Familiarity with MT training data preparation and experience editing and reviewing machine-translated output is a plus.
- Translate, review and edit English to Arabic language content for Trendyol’s platforms and assets.
- Create and maintain language assets such as glossaries, style guides, and translation memories.
- Analyze and report on the accuracy and performance of MT-supported workflows
- Define continuous quality improvement processes for different translation workflows
- Manage Translation Memories and ensure entries can be leveraged for MT engine training
- Coordinate work with external vendors to ensure different translation workflows run effectively and efficiently
- Monitor language source and deliveries and investigate quality variation, ensuring best in class source and target content in both Arabic and English.
- Provide timely feedback and linguistic coaching to external vendors.
- Thoroughly understand user needs and use that knowledge to advocate for improvements that provide Trendyol customers, sellers and employees with an unparalleled user experience.
We're looking forward to receiving your application!
At Trendyol, we believe in the power of an inclusive workplace. We value diversity and believe that every team member contributes to our vibrant culture. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. We encourage the representation and amplification of diverse voices in our business, as it allows us all to thrive, contribute, and shape the future together.