Accounting & Finance
Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2023
Ready to learn more about us?
We were founded in 2010 with a dynamic and agile start-up spirit. The trust of around 30 million customers and 250,000 sellers has made us the first decacorn in Turkey. Our success is backed by renowned investors such as Alibaba, General Atlantic, Softbank, Princeville Capital and several sovereign wealth funds. In 2022, we opened our first dedicated international office in Berlin and expanded to Amsterdam, Luxembourg and London. And that's just the beginning!
Tech at the root
We believe that technology is the driver and e-commerce is the outcome. Thanks to the dedication of our team, we have become one of the top 5 e-commerce companies in EMEA and one of the fastest growing worldwide. We currently deliver over 1.5 million parcels daily to 27 countries.
Growth is in our DNA
As a young and dynamic company, we are constantly growing and expanding. With Trendyol Tech, one of the leading R&D centres, Trendyol Express, the fastest growing delivery network, Dolap, the largest platform for second-hand goods, and Trendyol Go, our instant food and grocery delivery service, we are gearing up to become the world's leading e-commerce platform.
Focused on positive impact
Our vision goes beyond business success. We strive to make a sustainable and positive impact on our customers, business partners, and society. By digitizing merchants and SMEs, helping businesses grow, and promoting women's economic empowerment, we are dedicated to creating a better future.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Trendyol International offers an exciting growth environment with significant opportunities to drive strategic change and meaningful results. We build and continue to invest in world-class end-to-end operations and look for leaders to shape decisions for long-term success.
- Responsible for NL day-to-day accounting operations and statutory compliance activities.
- Ensuring that all financial transactions are properly prepared and reported.
- Managing any related party transactions in alignment with the relevant teams.
- Taking responsibility in the monthly financial closing activities and ensure for timely and accurate financial closing & submission.
- Be in contact with the third party service providers/auditors/tax consultants to adequately plan and execute the statutory compliance of GAAPs.
- Working collaboratively with Group Tax Team for any local tax issues (incl transfer pricing).
- Taking an active role for improving efficiency & quality of the accounting process.
QUALITIES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Accounting, Business Administration or other related departments.
- 3-5 years of experience in similar role preferable in an international environment.
- Profound knowledge of Dutch GAAP and statutory reporting requirements to contribute local compliance in financial reporting.
- Knowledge of local VAT and tax regulations.
- Familiarity with international taxation (especially across the EU) is a plus.
- Proficient at working in Excel and with Big Data Experience in SAP (especially in FI & CO modules).
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English.
- Process-oriented and problem-solving attitude as well as strong organizational skills and hands-on mentality.
- Ability to think strategically; go beyond the numbers and to think logically about underlying business drivers and issues.
- Open to direct feedback culture, to constant learning & development, taking initiative and not avoiding responsibility, and comfortable in a fast-changing environment
JOIN US AND
- Take responsibility from day one and develop your skills in a talented and diverse international team.
- Experience the open communication, flexibility and start-up spirit of our culture.
- Tackle big ecommerce challenges with agile practices and drive growth by learning from mistakes.
- Join creative and focused teams that prioritise collaboration and problem solving.
- Access our extensive training platform for continuous learning and personal growth.
- Benefit from the support of a global team of experts with mentoring and professional development opportunities.
- Focus on talent and potential beyond job titles.
- Connect with teammates around the world through events, happy hours, town halls and social activities.
- Enjoy competitive benefits such as trendy shopping discounts, central and international office locations, and top-of-the-line technical equipment.
- Find the right balance between flexibility and team bonding with our hybrid working model and the option of a two-month expatriate programme.
JOIN US AND,
* Take responsibility from day one and develop your skills with a talented and diverse international team.
* Experience open communication, flexibility, and a start-up spirit in our unique culture.
* Tackle big challenges in e-commerce with Agile practices and encourage growth by learning from mistakes.
* Join creative and focused teams that prioritize collaboration and problem-solving.
* Access our extensive training platform for continuous learning and personal growth.
* Benefit from the support of a global team of experts with mentoring and professional development opportunities.
* Focus on talent and potential, not just job titles.
* Connect with teammates regardless of physical distance through events, meetings, and social activities.
* Enjoy competitive benefits such as Trendyol shopping budget, central and international office locations, and top-of-the-line technical equipment.
* Find the right balance between flexibility and team bonding with our hybrid working model and the opportunity for a two-month working from abroad program.
We're looking forward to receiving your application!
At Trendyol, we believe in the power of an inclusive workplace. We value diversity and believe that every team member contributes to our vibrant culture. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. We encourage the representation and amplification of diverse voices in our business, as it allows us all to thrive, contribute, and shape the future together.