KVKK - Legal Professionals
Maslak, Sarıyer/İstanbul, Turkey
Posted on Thursday, September 7, 2023
Ready to learn more about us?
We were founded in 2010 with a dynamic and agile start-up spirit. The trust of around 30 million customers and 250,000 sellers has made us the first decacorn in Turkey. Our success is backed by renowned investors such as Alibaba, General Atlantic, Softbank, Princeville Capital and several sovereign wealth funds. In 2022, we opened our first dedicated international office in Berlin and expanded to Amsterdam, Luxembourg and London. And that's just the beginning!
Tech at the root
We believe that technology is the driver and e-commerce is the outcome. Thanks to the dedication of our team, we have become one of the top 5 e-commerce companies in EMEA and one of the fastest growing worldwide. We currently deliver over 1.5 million parcels daily to 27 countries.
Growth is in our DNA
As a young and dynamic company, we are constantly growing and expanding. With Trendyol Tech, one of the leading R&D centres, Trendyol Express, the fastest growing delivery network, Dolap, the largest platform for second-hand goods, and Trendyol Go, our instant food and grocery delivery service, we are gearing up to become the world's leading e-commerce platform.
Focused on positive impact
Our vision goes beyond business success. We strive to make a sustainable and positive impact on our customers, business partners, and society. By digitizing merchants and SMEs, helping businesses grow, and promoting women's economic empowerment, we are dedicated to creating a better future.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Legal Team is more than just a legal team: it's a part of business design and an overall representitive of the company at large. The team provides support in line with corporate law, contracts, labor, competition, transportation and regulatory requirements to meet the day-to-day needs of other teams.
We are all working with the same purpose: To create a positive impact in our ecosystem by enabling commerce through technology.
Your Main Responsibilities
- Stay updated on changes in data protection laws and communicate necessary adjustments,
- Draft, review, and negotiate data-related agreements to ensure compliance with data protection laws and regulations,
- Efficiently manage and respond to data subject requests, conducting in-depth investigations to gather and evaluate relevant data to fulfill DSRs within required timeframes,
- Independently handle the preparation and submission of DPA filings, investigations, notifications, and correspondence,
- Ensure compliance with regulatory reporting requirements and deadlines, maintaining a record of all submissions,
- Develop and oversee data breach response plans, including notifying authorities and affected parties as required,
- Develop, implement, and update data privacy policies, related documents and procedures to align with legal requirements and industry best practices,
- Provide legal counsel to internal teams on data protection matters, including risk assessments and mitigation strategies,
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to implement and maintain data privacy policies and procedures.
Qualities We Are Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree from a reputable law school with high grades,
- Istanbul Bar Association membership,
- 1-3 years of experience focusing on data privacy, preferably as in-house counsel or at a reputable law firm,
- Strong knowledge of data protection laws and regulations and enthusiasm for staying current with legal developments and trends,
- Experience in responding to data subject requests and managing data protection authority investigations,
- Comfortable using technology and digital tools,
- Have at least one certificate related to data security, cyber security, data privacy law, or IT service management, such as CIPP/E, ISO 27001, ISO 27701, or ITIL,
- Experience with GDPR would be valuable but not essential,
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities,
- Effective time-management, negotiation, and representation skills,
- Proficient in analytical thinking, multitasking, and teamwork,
- Capability to manage stress and meet strict deadlines,
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment,
- Fluency in oral and written English,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
JOIN US AND,
* Take responsibility from day one and develop your skills with a talented and diverse international team.
* Experience open communication, flexibility, and a start-up spirit in our unique culture.
* Tackle big challenges in e-commerce with Agile practices and encourage growth by learning from mistakes.
* Join creative and focused teams that prioritize collaboration and problem-solving.
* Access our extensive training platform for continuous learning and personal growth.
* Benefit from the support of a global team of experts with mentoring and professional development opportunities.
* Focus on talent and potential, not just job titles.
* Connect with teammates regardless of physical distance through events, meetings, and social activities.
* Enjoy competitive benefits such as Trendyol shopping budget, central and international office locations, and top-of-the-line technical equipment.
* Find the right balance between flexibility and team bonding with our hybrid working model and the opportunity for a two-month working from abroad program.
We're looking forward to receiving your application!
At Trendyol, we believe in the power of an inclusive workplace. We value diversity and believe that every team member contributes to our vibrant culture. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. We encourage the representation and amplification of diverse voices in our business, as it allows us all to thrive, contribute, and shape the future together.