Freelance Language Editors, EN-PL
Posted on Tuesday, October 31, 2023
Ready to learn more about us?
We were founded in 2010 with a dynamic and agile start-up spirit. The trust of around 30 million customers and 250,000 sellers has made us the first decacorn in Turkey. Our success is backed by renowned investors such as Alibaba, General Atlantic, Softbank, Princeville Capital and several sovereign wealth funds. In 2022, we opened our first dedicated international office in Berlin and expanded to Amsterdam, Luxembourg and London. And that's just the beginning!
Tech at the root
We believe that technology is the driver and e-commerce is the outcome. Thanks to the dedication of our team, we have become one of the top 5 e-commerce companies in EMEA and one of the fastest growing worldwide. We currently deliver over 1.5 million parcels daily to 27 countries.
Growth is in our DNA
As a young and dynamic company, we are constantly growing and expanding. With Trendyol Tech, one of the leading R&D centres, Trendyol Express, the fastest growing delivery network, Dolap, the largest platform for second-hand goods, and Trendyol Go, our instant food and grocery delivery service, we are gearing up to become the world's leading e-commerce platform.
Focused on positive impact
Our vision goes beyond business success. We strive to make a sustainable and positive impact on our customers, business partners, and society. By digitizing merchants and SMEs, helping businesses grow, and promoting women's economic empowerment, we are dedicated to creating a better future.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Trendyol International offers an exciting growth environment with significant opportunities to drive strategic change and meaningful results. We build and continue to invest in world-class end-to-end operations and look for leaders to shape decisions for long-term success.
As a Language Editor, you will be responsible for translating and editing content from English to Polish, as well as assessing, editing and maintaining language assets (human translation, machine translation, 3rd party content). You will work with Trendyol’s localization managers on optimizing the translation processes and localization quality. This is a fully remote freelance position with maximum 20 hours per week of work.
- +5 years experience in localization, translation, copywriting and/or proofreading in high-growth industries, preferably eCommerce.
- Experience using Translation Management systems and multilingual content management tools.
- Fully bilingual in English and native in Polish.
- A university degree in Linguistics, Translation, Communications, or related field.
- You have worked in a start-up or high-growth environment where you have defined best practice for language quality.
- You have a keen eye for great digital experiences and highly polished copywriting skills.
- You have worked as a language lead and have experience establishing and enforcing language quality standards.
- Familiarity with language annotation and MT training data preparation and experience editing and reviewing machine-translated output is a plus.
- Translate, review and edit content for Trendyol’s platforms and assets.
- Regularly conduct quality assurance processes and user testing in your target language.
- Create and maintain language assets such as glossaries, style guides, and translation memories.
- Analyze and report on the accuracy and performance of different translation workflows and methods.
- Conduct research across benchmarks and provide local insights that help us improve user experience in your target region or locale.
- Provide timely feedback on existing language assets.
- Thoroughly understand user needs and use that knowledge to advocate for improvements that provide Trendyol customers, sellers and employees with an unparalleled user experience.
JOIN US AND
* Take responsibility from day one and develop your skills with a talented and diverse international team.
* Experience open communication, flexibility, and a start-up spirit in our unique culture.
* Tackle big challenges in e-commerce with Agile practices and encourage growth by learning from mistakes.
* Join creative and focused teams that prioritize collaboration and problem-solving.
* Access our extensive training platform for continuous learning and personal growth.
* Benefit from the support of a global team of experts with mentoring and professional development opportunities.
* Focus on talent and potential, not just job titles.
* Connect with teammates regardless of physical distance through events, meetings, and social activities.
* Enjoy competitive benefits such as Trendyol shopping budget, central and international office locations, and top-of-the-line technical equipment.
We're looking forward to receiving your application!
We embrace a hybrid working model that seamlessly blends the best of both worlds—remote productivity and the collaborative energy of our vibrant offices. Every month, we gather at our offices once to work side by side, fostering in person communication and embracing the camaraderie that fuels our team spirit. These sessions are crucial for teamwork in solving complex issues, socializing, learning from each other, and experiencing our culture.
Each division has a pre-set optional office day each week. Based on our preferences, we come together at our offices at our discretion as an opportunity to feel more team spirit, immerse in our culture, and familiarize ourselves with our way of workings.
We offer the opportunity for a two-month full remote work program, allowing you to work from abroad, during the summer period (July to August).
This working model applies to our hybrid job postings; on-site roles require being based in an office work environment.
Discover more about our #LifeatTrendyol and our culture on our Website, LinkedIn and YouTube channels.
At Trendyol, we believe in the power of an inclusive workplace. We value diversity and believe that every team member contributes to our vibrant culture. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. We encourage the representation and amplification of diverse voices in our business, as it allows us all to thrive, contribute, and shape the future together.