Localization Project Manager (m/f/d)
Posted on Tuesday, October 31, 2023
Ready to learn more about us?
We were founded in 2010 with a dynamic and agile start-up spirit. The trust of around 30 million customers and 250,000 sellers has made us the first decacorn in Turkey. Our success is backed by renowned investors such as Alibaba, General Atlantic, Softbank, Princeville Capital and several sovereign wealth funds. In 2022, we opened our first dedicated international office in Berlin and expanded to Amsterdam, Luxembourg and London. And that's just the beginning!
Tech at the root
We believe that technology is the driver and e-commerce is the outcome. Thanks to the dedication of our team, we have become one of the top 5 e-commerce companies in EMEA and one of the fastest growing worldwide. We currently deliver over 1.5 million parcels daily to 27 countries.
Growth is in our DNA
As a young and dynamic company, we are constantly growing and expanding. With Trendyol Tech, one of the leading R&D centres, Trendyol Express, the fastest growing delivery network, Dolap, the largest platform for second-hand goods, and Trendyol Go, our instant food and grocery delivery service, we are gearing up to become the world's leading e-commerce platform.
Focused on positive impact
Our vision goes beyond business success. We strive to make a sustainable and positive impact on our customers, business partners, and society. By digitizing merchants and SMEs, helping businesses grow, and promoting women's economic empowerment, we are dedicated to creating a better future.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Trendyol International offers an exciting growth environment with significant opportunities to drive strategic change and meaningful results. We build and continue to invest in world-class end-to-end operations and look for leaders to shape decisions for long-term success.
Trendyol is seeking a tech-minded and innovative localization project lead to manage projects and translation processes, prioritize, track progress and ensure successful deliveries. You will work with engineers, product managers and other functional stakeholders to ensure smooth releases and a native user experience. You will track and regularly report on results and opportunities for improvement as well as ensure that Trendyol platforms and key assets are translated to the highest level of quality and relevance to local users.
We’re looking for a passionate localization professional who is excited to take on new and ambitious projects in a very fast-paced environment, has a high degree of ownership and integrity, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and is a great team player.
Our mission is to build a world-class Localization program that removes language barriers, helping our customers find products in their language of preference and allowing our sellers to reach a global audience at scale.
- +6 years experience in localization and internationalization in high-growth industries, preferably eCommerce
- +3 years experience in localization project management
- Fully bilingual in English and one of the following languages: Polish, Hungarian, Bulgarian, Czech, Slovak, Romanian.
- Adept at using data and metrics to measure impact and define priorities
- Excellent collaboration skills that enable you to earn trust at all levels
- Experience in revamping processes and workflows that enable ongoing improvement in agile environments
- Highly polished communication skills - speaking, writing, presenting and negotiating
- You have worked in a start-up or high-growth environment building scalable solutions and processes from scratch
- Excellent prioritization skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable with ambiguity and constant change
- Ability to work effectively across time zones and cultures
- Solid experience with translation memory and language asset management, file engineering, translation management systems (TMS), and MT (Machine Translation) technologies
- Experience working with third party vendors and contractors
- A passion for languages, high energy, positive attitude and a sense of urgency
- Strong analytical skills and high ability to interpret data
- Solution-driven thinker with high versatility, willingness to learn and a growth mindset
- Manage end-to-end projects and deliveries involving stakeholders from diverse teams including engineers, product managers, marketing and customer support
- Coordinate cross-functional teams and communicate with internal and external parties while meeting tight deadlines
- Create and iterate on agile and lean translation and localization testing workflows, implementing automation and eliminating waste wherever possible
- Proactively communicate your plans and accomplishments in both verbal and written narratives to ensure alignment with senior leadership and technical partners
- Manage up, down and sideways and communicate with stakeholders about their roles and inputs in the process, as well as the value created through localization
- Manage expectations in an agile environment, adjust quickly and communicate changes in a timely manner
- Regularly report on localization process health, costs and opportunities for improvement
- Have a thorough understanding of the Trendyol ecosystem and our customer needs, both existing and potential, and use that knowledge to advocate for improvements that provide Trendyol users with an unparalleled experience
JOIN US AND
* Take responsibility from day one and develop your skills with a talented and diverse international team.
* Experience open communication, flexibility, and a start-up spirit in our unique culture.
* Tackle big challenges in e-commerce with Agile practices and encourage growth by learning from mistakes.
* Join creative and focused teams that prioritize collaboration and problem-solving.
* Access our extensive training platform for continuous learning and personal growth.
* Benefit from the support of a global team of experts with mentoring and professional development opportunities.
* Focus on talent and potential, not just job titles.
* Connect with teammates regardless of physical distance through events, meetings, and social activities.
* Enjoy competitive benefits such as Trendyol shopping budget, central and international office locations, and top-of-the-line technical equipment.
We're looking forward to receiving your application!
We embrace a hybrid working model that seamlessly blends the best of both worlds—remote productivity and the collaborative energy of our vibrant offices. Every month, we gather at our offices once to work side by side, fostering in person communication and embracing the camaraderie that fuels our team spirit. These sessions are crucial for teamwork in solving complex issues, socializing, learning from each other, and experiencing our culture.
Each division has a pre-set optional office day each week. Based on our preferences, we come together at our offices at our discretion as an opportunity to feel more team spirit, immerse in our culture, and familiarize ourselves with our way of workings.
We offer the opportunity for a two-month full remote work program, allowing you to work from abroad, during the summer period (July to August).
This working model applies to our hybrid job postings; on-site roles require being based in an office work environment.
Discover more about our #LifeatTrendyol and our culture on our Website, LinkedIn and YouTube channels.
At Trendyol, we believe in the power of an inclusive workplace. We value diversity and believe that every team member contributes to our vibrant culture. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. We encourage the representation and amplification of diverse voices in our business, as it allows us all to thrive, contribute, and shape the future together.