Trendyol Data Analyst
IT, Data Science
Istanbul, İstanbul, Turkey
Posted on Friday, February 9, 2024
Ready to learn more about us?
We were founded in 2010 with a dynamic and agile start-up spirit. The trust of around 30 million customers and 250,000 sellers has made us the first decacorn in Turkey. Our success is backed by renowned investors such as Alibaba, General Atlantic, Softbank, Princeville Capital, and several sovereign wealth funds. In 2022, we opened our first dedicated international office in Berlin and expanded to Amsterdam, Luxembourg, and London. And that's just the beginning!
Tech at the root
We believe that technology is the driver and e-commerce is the outcome. Thanks to the dedication of our team, we have become one of the top 5 e-commerce companies in EMEA and one of the fastest growing worldwide. We currently deliver over 1.5 million parcels daily to 27 countries.
Growth is in our DNA
As a young and dynamic company, we are constantly growing and expanding. With Trendyol Tech, one of the leading R&D centres, Trendyol Express, the fastest growing delivery network, Dolap, the largest platform for second-hand goods, and Trendyol Go, our instant food and grocery delivery service, we are gearing up to become the world's leading e-commerce platform.
Focused on positive impact
Our vision goes beyond business success. We strive to make a sustainable and positive impact on our customers, business partners, and society. By digitizing merchants and SMEs, helping businesses grow, and promoting women's economic empowerment, we are dedicated to creating a better future.
YOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Being a part of a data driven culture and working to create advocates,
- Work with business stakeholders and collaborate with them to leverage analytics to improve their domains (logistics, finance, commercial, growth, etc) act faster, and make better decisions,
- Proactively come up with initiatives on projects enhancing top-notch data analytics or improving business performance,
- Perform analyses on big data to come up with useful insights to help improve business processes,
- Own all dashboards and build new tools to improve the visibility of metrics in the department,
- Work on exploratory data analysis so you can navigate a dataset and come out with broad conclusions based on initial appraisals,
- Synthesize methodology and data into executable business strategy and communicate findings to management teams to drive business impact,
- Design, build, and generate dashboards/reports to help teams in their strategic/tactical decisions,
- Partner with different teams, understand their motivations, and translate data into actionable insights for the parties,
- Coordinate with technology to automate and optimize the data-analysis infrastructure and processes,
- Embrace a forward-thinking approach for the future data-related needs of the domain and propose new data initiatives/tools.
QUALITIES WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's Degree from a reputable university preferably in Engineering, Management Information Systems, or Statistics,
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in a data analyst, or similar role,
- Comprehensive knowledge in SQL (BigQuery, MySQL, PostgreSQL),
- Familiar with data analytics tools (Looker, Tableau, Google Analytics, etc.),
- Familiar with pattern recognition and developing custom analytical models, preferably Python,
- Strong analytical skills and experience in working with large volumes of data,
- Ability to deliver fast, business-focused output of excellent quality,
- Ability to extract actionable insights via data and clearly present them to relevant stakeholders,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English,
- This role includes senior specialist and executive roles
JOIN US AND
* Take responsibility from day one and develop your skills with a talented and diverse international team.
* Experience open communication, flexibility, and a start-up spirit in our unique culture.
* Tackle big challenges in e-commerce with Agile practices and encourage growth by learning from mistakes.
* Join creative and focused teams that prioritize collaboration and problem-solving.
* Access our extensive training platform for continuous learning and personal growth.
* Benefit from the support of a global team of experts with mentoring and professional development opportunities.
* Focus on talent and potential, not just job titles.
* Connect with teammates regardless of physical distance through events, meetings, and social activities.
* Enjoy competitive benefits such as Trendyol shopping budget, central and international office locations, and top-of-the-line technical equipment.
* Find the right balance between flexibility and team bonding with our hybrid working model and the opportunity for a two-month working from abroad program.
We're looking forward to receiving your application!
At Trendyol, we believe in the power of an inclusive workplace. We value diversity and believe that every team member contributes to our vibrant culture. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. We encourage the representation and amplification of diverse voices in our business, as it allows us all to thrive, contribute, and shape the future together.