Accounting & Finance
Posted on Thursday, March 23, 2023
Ready to get to know us?
We were founded in 2010 with a dynamic and agile start-up spirit. Since then we have grown into a decacorn with a valuation of over $16.5 billion, backed by Alibaba, General Atlantic, Softbank, Princeville Capital, and several sovereign wealth funds. Operating with that same energy from the first day, we believe we will achieve our targets and grow even more together!
May the tech be with us.
From day one, we believed that technology is the driver; e-commerce is the outcome. Thanks to our dedicated team, we are now one of the top 5 e-commerce companies in EMEA and one of the fastest-growing e-commerce companies in the world! Now we’re a team in our thousands, currently delivering more than 1.5 million packages every day to 27 countries. We offer our 30 million customers a flawless shopping experience.
Can’t stop, won’t stop!
Dreaming big is in our DNA: Gearing up to be the leading global e-commerce platform. As a young and dynamic company, we are constantly growing with Trendyol Tech, one of the leading R&D centers; Trendyol Express, the fastest growing delivery network; Dolap, the largest second-hand goods platform, and Trendyol Go, our instant food and grocery delivery service. And we’re not finished yet!
A vision focused on positive impact.
Digitalizing traders and SMEs, helping businesses grow, aiming for more women’s participation in the economy; we constantly strive to have a sustainable and positive impact on our customers, business partners, and society.
All team members are equal.
We believe in the power of an inclusive workplace. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. Each and every one of us contributes to the vibrant culture of Trendyol. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we all thrive, contribute, and shape the future together.
About the Team
The Finance Team is Trendyol's control center. The team acts as a bridge between commercial teams and customers in order to provide financial sustainability and efficiency for the company.
We are all working with the same purpose: To create a positive impact in our ecosystem by enabling commerce through technology.
What will keep you super-motivated here?
* Opportunity to take responsibility from day one, develop your skills and satisfy your hunger for learning every day from a talented, international, and diverse team
* Open communication and unique company culture of flexibility and start-up spirit
* Enjoying agile practices to accelerate big and complex challenges to shape the future of e- commerce while encouraging mistakes to continuously grow and develop as a team
* Creative, diverse, and focused teams committed to learning and problem-solving through collaboration
* Learn and develop through our extensive Trendyol training platform
* Support from a global team of experts, mentoring, and professional development opportunities
* Strong focus on talent, not titles!
* Connecting with your teammates socially regardless of physical distances via events, team gatherings, and social activities
* Competitive employee benefits such as centrally and international located offices, and great tech equipment
* Good blend of flexibility and team bonding such as a hybrid working model and three months working from abroad approach
Your Main Responsibilities
•Responsible for NL day-to-day accounting operations and statutory compliance activities,
•Ensuring that all financial transactions are properly prepared and reported,
•Managing any related party transactions in alignment with the relevant teams,
•Taking responsibility in the monthly financial closing activities and ensure for timely and accurate financial closing & submission,
•Be in contact with the third party service providers/auditors/tax consultants to adequately plan and execute the statutory compliance of GAAPs,
•Working collaboratively with Group Tax Team for any local tax issues (incl transfer pricing),
•Taking an active role for improving efficiency & quality of the accounting process.
Qualities We Are Looking For
•Bachelor’s degree preferably in Accounting, Business Administration or other related departments,
•3-5 years of experience in similar role preferable in an international environment,
•Profound knowledge of Dutch GAAP and statutory reporting requirements to contribute local compliance in financial reporting
•Knowledge of local VAT and tax regulations
•Familiarity with international taxation (especially across the EU) is a plus
•Proficient at working in Excel and with Big Data Experience in SAP (especially in FI & CO modules),
•Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English
•Process-oriented and problem-solving attitude as well as strong organizational skills and hands-on mentality,
•Ability to think strategically; go beyond the numbers and to think logically about underlying business drivers and issues,
•Open to direct feedback culture, to constant learning & development, taking initiative and not avoiding responsibility, and comfortable in a fast-changing environment
See more open positions at Trendyol
Something looks off?