Senior Language Specialist
Posted on Tuesday, April 4, 2023
Ready to get to know us?
We were founded in 2010 with a dynamic and agile start-up spirit. Since then we have grown into a decacorn with a valuation of over $16.5 billion, backed by Alibaba, General Atlantic, Softbank, Princeville Capital, and several sovereign wealth funds. Operating with that same energy from the first day, we believe we will achieve our targets and grow even more together!
May the tech be with us.
From day one, we believed that technology is the driver; e-commerce is the outcome. Thanks to our dedicated team, we are now one of the top 5 e-commerce companies in EMEA and one of the fastest-growing e-commerce companies in the world! Now we’re a team in our thousands, currently delivering more than 1.5 million packages every day to 27 countries. We offer our 30 million customers a flawless shopping experience.
Can’t stop, won’t stop!
Dreaming big is in our DNA: Gearing up to be the leading global e-commerce platform. As a young and dynamic company, we are constantly growing with Trendyol Tech, one of the leading R&D centers; Trendyol Express, the fastest growing delivery network; Dolap, the largest second-hand goods platform, and Trendyol Go, our instant food and grocery delivery service. And we’re not finished yet!
A vision focused on positive impact.
Digitalizing traders and SMEs, helping businesses grow, aiming for more women’s participation in the economy; we constantly strive to have a sustainable and positive impact on our customers, business partners, and society.
All team members are equal.
We believe in the power of an inclusive workplace. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. Each and every one of us contributes to the vibrant culture of Trendyol. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we all thrive, contribute, and shape the future together.
About the Team
Trendyol International offers an exciting start up environment in high growth mode, with significant opportunity to drive strategic changes, and deliver results. We continue to invest in building a world-class end-to-end operations, and we are looking for a leader that will help shape decisions for long term success.
We are all working with the same purpose: To create a positive impact in our ecosystem by enabling commerce through technology.
What will keep you super-motivated here?
* Opportunity to take responsibility from day one, develop your skills and satisfy your hunger for learning every day from a talented, international, and diverse team
* Open communication and unique company culture of flexibility and start-up spirit
* Enjoying agile practices to accelerate big and complex challenges to shape the future of e-commerce while encouraging mistakes to continuously grow and develop as a team
* Creative, diverse, and focused teams committed to learning and problem-solving through collaboration
* Learn and develop through our extensive Trendyol training platform
* Support from a global team of experts, mentoring, and professional development opportunities
* Strong focus on talent, not titles!
* Connecting with your teammates socially regardless of physical distance via events, team gatherings, and social activities
* Competitive employee benefits such as Trendyol shopping discount, centrally and international located offices, and great tech equipment
* Good blend of flexibility and team bonding such as a hybrid working model and three months working from abroad approach
* +4 years experience in localization, translation, copywriting and/or proofreading in high-growth industries, preferably eCommerce.
* Native fluency in German. Near-native fluency in English.
* Good communication skills - speaking, writing, presenting and negotiating.
* Bachelor degree in Linguistics, Translation, Communications, or related field.
* Experience using data and metrics to measure impact and define improvements.
* Attention to details and willingness to roll up your sleeves.
* A team player, able to work well with diverse teams across continents and deliver results.
* You have worked in a start-up or high-growth environment where you have defined best practice for language quality.
* You have worked with external language vendors and have experience establishing language quality standards.
* Own language quality and improve product localization standards.
* Audit, review and improve the quality of content for Trendyol’s German language platforms and assets.
* Manage translation projects aimed at improving German user experience.
* Monitor external vendor deliveries and investigate quality variation, ensuring best in class content in your target language. Provide timely feedback and linguistic coaching to external vendors.
* Create and maintain language assets such as glossaries, style guides, and translation memories.
* Proactively communicate your plans and accomplishments in both verbal and written narratives to ensure alignment with senior leadership and technical partners.
* Thoroughly understand user needs and use that knowledge to advocate for improvements that provide Trendyol customers with an unparalleled shopping experience.
* Coordinate cross-functional teams and communicate with internal and external parties while meeting tight deadlines.
See more open positions at Trendyol
Something looks off?